Wednesday 29 May 2019

Being there

Sometimes you just might wonder why things happened the way they did, like why would it take exploring your past on a site by posting pictures of things from your childhood and writing about them should result in you having a clearer idea of who you are removing some of clutter others tried to drag into it.

Sometimes people  play all kind of silly identity politics games such as saying they don't feel the gender they were born with or even have an identity but most of time that's more they think because they may be slightly different than most of their real gender peers that makes them a whole 'nother gender.

There are times people try that on you but it became obvious that wasn't really me because I loved being that boy then and that really my issues really stemmed more from how my conditions and disabilities have left me still as that boy but with much of the world thinking you're a grown up and trying engage with you as one.

The thing I found on social media like Tumblr and on ASB was that there were people for different reasons saw themselves as Boys still who did play and have similar interests to that from their boyhood and that at ASB in particular they even dressed as schoolboys.

That kind of thing was where I was at around my mid teens really hating the few signs of puberty like hairs on arms I'd grown so in a way it was a dysphoria strictly speaking when I started to dress younger when I could.

Unlike some at ASB though I don't see being that boy in terms of wearing a uniform when it comes to presentation simply because we had play clothes for when we weren't at school so I do have more boys casual clothing for weekends playing locally mirroring that of todays boys of chronological age.

We had "best" for things like going to the theatre, church and big family occasions but otherwise at home I wore more casual shorts or sports shorts with t shirts and that's where it is in 2019 too.

I know my 'tribe' and I'm happy to be a boy cos boys are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment