Wednesday 17 March 2021

Some thoughts on me and this blog

Somethings do not remain the same either because they move away from you or you yourself on this road start to move on in your understanding of how this life and the stuff around you talk about changes.

Thus this blog has had a few changes although thanks to changes in the years with bloggers Theme Designer some elements of the graphic design can't be altered without remove much of what does work and much of that reflects the way I see myself.

I dislike with a passion alphabet soups of acronyms and frequent changes of terminology but as I explained last week Age Dysphoric and Age Dysphoria are better descriptors for what I am and what I feel and so a few bits of this blog have been rewritten to use those more accurate terms.

Being so-called "Normal" or at least masking it was heavily pushed by 'professionals', school and at the time embarrassed parents as they were into the Medical Model of Disability seeing me not just physically but developmentally in need of 'fixing' but my true nature always would surface apart from the vulnerabilities of having a child-like outlook in a hands off adult environment never quite seeing what was going on until it was too late.

It dawned on me that actually I could never be "normal" and it was more important to learn to accept me as I was, no longer feeling ashamed of being an 'eternal child' only dealing with anything adult that I could manage for myself, accepting my limits.

Rather than masking in effect that "eternal child" I accepted it working as best I could on being independent as that child of adult legal age and recognizing that societies problems with being who I am are theirs and certainly not mine.

I'd say embrace yourself as you are and work on being the best you you can be.

Sometimes you do encounter people who feel you need to be fixed, advocating programs to eliminate this whole side of you because this difference can cause issues but really that cannot change you and effectively are saying the only cure for other people to intimidating and bullying you  is you to become them.

I personally don't subscribe to the view that any one person is an expert in this life, never mind its leader so take a more allowing an individual to explore for themselves finding what works for how age dysphoria affects them rather than pushing an one size fits all agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment