Wednesday 9 August 2023

Lost treasure

It's been a strange week following my return late last Wednesday after being away and one thing relates to the ongoing exploration of what was Mum's bedroom where a number of things were found on Monday that had puzzled me over the years.

One was the finding of my last O level Geography school exercise book from February 27, 1981 that later got used as a notebook cum scrapbook of American charts with positions of songs I loved and artist details written with clippings from UK magazines such as New Musical Express and Sounds about them taped into it.


The other was of a good thirty or so records some classical I'd bought from 1978 onwards and a couple of handfuls of Duran Duran 12 Inch singles and foreign extended play singles that I suspect were moved when I had some roof problems that resulted in leaking near where they were stored.

That also included a Glam Rock compilation I'd suspected long lost which had onely been played about ten times since being bought in the late 1980's as I'd taped it and transferred that to two MiniDiscs in 1998.

I always played it from that whenever I needed to so that's practically in mint condition.

I've been cleaning and resleeving where possible a number of them simply because they were and remain things that tie to that era I grew up in.

I know where they were all those years ago but I can enjoy them all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment