Wednesday 27 July 2022

Lending a hand

 

There is much going on but one thing here has been been an attempt to establish a War Memorial as the original for the district is a few miles away and since the  British Legion branch that held events has merged into a completely different area those things haven't happened here.

The idea is we would hold our own and that locals can pay their own respect to the dead which has support from the local scouts.

Part of getting this off the ground is both fundraising and also getting people to write in support of the idea to the local authority so to that end I have been spending time delivering leaflets on foot to people.

Having been asked if I'd be interested I just did my duty and got the task done to the best of my ability despite things like building works making access difficult and letterboxes with insect laden flowers just above your them to dodge the wasps with.

I rose to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment