Wednesday 6 July 2022

At peace with the world


Just about two weeks to go before Summer Hols when school is out at least in this district, this time of year always has those still in the past pulls with me when we'd consolidate this form years work - and back then it was work or else! - while you'd be looking forward to your next stages learning more  about things as we move along.

Then you might be moving to either a different part of school or even a new school depending on your age.

The thing with me was all my classmates were getting older when it came to their interests and general development as boys leaving me behind because while the odd interest and some academic abilities may of grown, on the whole I hadn't.

I was the "youngest" in the class and as they got older the gap just got bigger and bigger.

Learning to accept you are not except in purely legal terms a functioning adult has taken time, to work on unmasking the real you as just trying to pretend  to be an adult male took so much from me and feel comfortable about being called "young man" by men who however imperfectly do at least sense you don't relate as adult to adult as frankly at no point have I ever seen myself as one has been one of big achievements in the last few years.

I'm just a young boy whose been around the sun more than most while being substancially the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment