Wednesday 20 June 2018

The roaring obsession with the World Cup


Hi. This very morning as I go toward my closet getting my old school uniform on fairly neatly although whither or not it stays like that depends on if I have a kick about this morning in the park or not as I'm super excited about this world cup in way that I haven't felt for a long time.
At least this time they're just far enough head of us here in Great Britain to see it live before bedtime without messing meal times up too much as I much prefer to eat from a table even if it is I'm more interested in what the striker is doing than my lamb chop!
I guess it all goes back to the days of Roy of the Rovers and Billy's Boots that made a big difference whenever he played with them on playing for Melchester Rovers which was so magical.
I can't wait to play with Zee Zee at Fur Affinity
Plus I'm all fired up after the Russia vs Saudi Arabia match where the Russians scored a FIVE goals to zero win. Goodness what a result and no doubt an embarrassment to the Saudi leader who was talking to the Russian President Mr. Putin at the time watching.
Still we do have the England match to look forward to although sometimes to me it seems more like a case of hope over reality as it's been positively ages since they won anything or even got as far as the quarter finals.
I did enjoy Robbie Williams's performance at the opening of the games and he's pretty good with a pair of footy boots on two having seen him play with friends for various charity soccer matches.
Cor, Germany beaten by Mexico after all. Love a duck! You'd of thought they could of put on a more inspiring performance but no so I wouldn't be surprised if they crashed out of the competition but as today sees England playing who knows as they tend to come in with high hopes only to be dashed.
I mean, I'd like to see a British team actually win I'm just not feeling very hopeful about it but don't expect me to be wildly cheering as I've lost my voice in an attempt to make myself heard on Saturday and it hasn't fully come back a yet which is annoying me to be honest cos I'm a chatterbox really, tryin' to sort everything and everybody out although the knock on door is me new smart boys own shoes cos my old pair started falling apart at the seems an that's no good when I want to be smart.It's sad when you can't cheer on England as much as I was jumping up and down in my white footy shorts Monday night high on pop waving a flag but that's how it is with me at the moment although I can talk some and actually I'm just sucking a lozenger thingy as I type this.
Japan did great too yesterday beating Columbia 2-1 in what was a a pretty exciting match which I watched just after dinner time between talking to some other adult boys like me about various things cos I'm more interest in who they are and what they do than just "What are you wearing today?" I'd like to play with them armed with a bright yellow JCB toy truck crawling across the carpet going "Zoom" and making all sorts of sounds if not just play fighting with them.
I also tidied away all my favorite Jennings books, they're like hardbacked with all color dust jackets on that I had in Juniors and High School putting them away neatly in a shoe box in two piles one atop of the other. I'd sooner use the bookcase but the grown ups in my life have taken it over with books that haven't moved in decades, like if a cutting of Princess Anne's wedding fell out of one it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
I did run about a bit kicking a ball to which is great as I really benefit from being active as it seems to turn me on focusing better almost as if the on button has been pressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment