Wednesday 6 January 2021

Junior Chris



One form of Junior me is like this, just devoid of blazer where the longer grey school shorts was changed for a shorter hard-wearing lined one similar to that wear by boys at my junior school did and where the V neck sweater allowing my shirt and school tie to show through.

The key word in this 'Junior', pre-teen, as that's very much how feel my inner child is and mentally I'm at as afterward the mismatch between appearing teen and how I was (and remain) really became more noticeable to the point I had to be looked after and even sheltered from some aspects of regular teen life.

Like many of us I guess I was feeling a bit despondent following Monday's announcement we were going into England wide full lockdown with stricter rules as I have done as much as I can to stay within them, looking after my health trying to keep transmission down when you've seen stupid and irresponsible behaviour  by others often go unpunished.

While we are told we "should" only go out once to exercise that wording doesn't imply you cannot or that doing so will be automatically a breach of the Corona regulations more that they'd rather you didn't.

In this district it is possible to go out and hardly encounter a soul so if you were that way minded you could probably do so safely with no more risk than being in your own (fair sized in my case) garden.

I guess it's going be more comic reading and time outdoors playing and at least this time the playgrounds will be open.

No comments:

Post a Comment