Wednesday 15 June 2022

Going back to roots

Going back to my roots a bit across the weekend I was very much in my element playing with some young boys with family.

For one thing I did not look grown up, just a traditional grey school shirt, blue and off white tie, six inch inside leg grey school shorts and grey turn over top socks where everyone else was an adult including people younger than me (by age).

In some way it was a more modern form of Best for family occassions where I was the boy with his parents present.


Arriving, the boys were already playing in partitioned corner of  the diner with a thomas and percy train set which was of the sort that has no controller but just a battery in each engine with a switch that having put it on the track  and coupled anything to it, it just runs.


Between them they had the trains chasing each other as as I played and did a older boy supervision thing with them on the floor being quite content to play and leave the grown ups to their own talk.

It may of been someone elses birthday, but I was just happy to engaged playing with boys rather than struggling which isn't helped by my autism at doing the grown up thing so actually it did me a lot of good just to jump in and play with them.

It was the best family social interaction I'd had in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment