Wednesday 26 August 2020

End of Summer Review

Last post of August here on the Boy Talk so I'm feeling more reflective  which is what most of this blog will be plus things to do with this last week.


It's not been the best of starts to the week  suffering from a migraine that started  in the early hours of Monday and had not shifted yesterday either so not much happened short of staying in bed with my pj's on.

I'ma little better today but remain very groggy unfortunately.

First off I have been taking stock of my large music and video based collection, pruning it of duplicates and of things like box sets that you might only watch once in seven years and for the reminder of the time they just sit around gathering dust.

While its true compared to their older forms such as VHS tape or Eight track tapes they are slimmer it still doesn't a lot before it gets into sizable piles growing ever skyward! There is a limit to just how many of these things you can keep.

In general my general behaviour and attitudes have been pretty good although between next doors antics and that there's been enough provocation to set me off going by my past which shows I am maturing.

If I'm getting to the point of risky attitudes and the like, then I need a spanking to pull me back and I'd sooner that happens.

A good friend has been spending time off work exploring and will be returning by the time they read this as they messaged me Sunday during a gap which is nice but I'm glad in a way that they're not messaging me all that time because it's important for them as it is for me to learn to switch off, spend time with those that care for them while they're away and enjoy the time at the places they go.

Of course I miss them, truthfully I can think few people in my life I ever missed not being around to spend time with because they've taught a lot about life, is a person I care for deeply and has taught me things about myself even but in odd sort of way we have grown up together and are growing up as adult middles living the same sort of life.

That way of life is the one I feel best suits my actual needs helping me make the most of life with my disability centred limitations but at the same time helping me mature to a point that matches my emotional age and intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment