Wednesday 5 August 2020

Reclaiming space

This week as we are about to enter another month and ASB Mark 2 goes fully open after a short period of beta invites which I was pleased to have had at the outset I do return to one function of the original ASB which was the extent to which it gave more a much need confidence boost around being ASB and a Boy learning to be myself in the circle of others, part of the pack.

That was at a time of much personal turmoil and saw me moving from just wearing grey shorts with everyday wear to moving over to a very much a fully uniformed ASB from the traditional socks and underwear to school shirts and tie as a regular thing indoors and out and especially more with friends.

Increasingly I moved away from circles that had much to do with that turmoil and anything I wore around them to the point in many respects I no longer recognize that person I was in 2017 and 18.

As we passed through last year to what with the impact of Covid on our lives and movements was the highlight of February's week of boyish exploration, scouting and train spotting and journeys one thing I started to feel was at least on me, my shorts didn't really feel as if they were shorts with being shorter when it comes to my height than a good number of teen boys.
In many respects I am a just below teen LB to whom the actual experience of being ten or eleven in the last school year where short trousers were school uniform was different and with the relaunch of ASB and discussion at my own forum and Misterpoll, I have decided to break with the shorts I had.

Apart from being not so well finished they were not lined in the way those I wore as a boy wore and equally those I wore then were Short Trousers finished as but shorter than trousers.

I have come to the conclusion that like a good number of LB/ASB's to wear shorts like and in the same way as that boy who could well of been me around twelve or thirteen from now on because they feel right projecting me as that LB of my era apart from feeling better on me.

I am now wearing shorts that do show more of my thighs that with my long proper turn over socks and garters do expose more of my skin to fresh air and sun and feel more comfortable.

They are the shorts and socks I wore as a boy confident to have his inside leg taken up at least four inches from where it was and feeling the better for it.

Going back is going to be the going forward from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment