Wednesday 30 September 2020

Mirror images

It's very much the autumn here which you can tell by both the start of the falling leaves, the soft orangy sun casting on to trees and grass and like on a morning like today it's a bit chilly when you wake up which is something I well remember from my school days.

Like one minute it is almost like summer as we play footie during recess, a number of us stripping down even to shorts to play - in truth we'd had then under our trousers  to save time changing - before changing back for the second set of periods of the morning

Photo credit: badger44grammar44

Like him (H) who in this recent picture from his latest tumblr, I too wear grey shorts and traditional turn over socks throughout the year and in a good number of ways he's been very much an influence on me giving a clear idea of how a modern schoolboy routed in the past might be cos unlike some ASB's I'm not just about nostalgia or replicating exactly that past I am that mindset today and am to an extent informed by modern culture as much as he sees himself as a traditional schoolboy.

You might say we're mirror images and he's one boy I can look in the eye and know he and I are on the same page.


No comments:

Post a Comment