Wednesday 17 July 2019

Moving ahead

This week I took delivery of a traditional laptop as the old one had died which had been used for working on pictures, downloads and making copies of my own music cds and it also was as old as some that malaise I had.
I decided at the outset to make this very much the machine of this boy so the screen saver rather than being some girlish anime series  is one very much of boys and I reviewed and trimmed down every bookmark so it only has on those sites which are more suited to the real me rather than those that were ailing me.
Things are going better at the music site as I'm dealing with past threads  which were around eleven or so years old so only a small number of current members might recall by making some newer ones to drive a few off the first page so that in time my more openly male identity will become more prevalent should anyone look beyond just the twenty or so current posts.
Ideally I'd love to be able edit a few of those threads but instead I'm going to hold my head up tall and show I've moved on.
One member reminded me in a post about a past member who no longer is around of how it was ten or so years ago more a "boys own club" which in someways it was with "Hot females" posts in Off Topic which did to be fair get a bit cringe worthy.
In other ways it is pretty much remains a boys own club with a male code of behaviour and in jokes to which females are more accepted on our terms which I'm more comfortable with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment