Wednesday 16 May 2018

Past thoughts

Something that always cheers me up is The Beano and in particular recollections of the editions I read growing up as they were less sanitized and not so troubled with the idea of offending some peoples ideas.
Take this classic strip where as ever Dennis is menacing Walter, very much the leader of the softies where no one would condone his actions nontheless we knew there were boys like that and there were Walters amongs out school boy associates but the point was Dennis got his comeuppance as we did back with a spanking.
Today it's as though they pretend it doesn't go on and far from being punished he's given counselling for various issues.
I think instinctively children expect such behaviour to be punished because they know it is wrong and we sending out mixed messages when we don't.    

1 comment:

  1. I am an adult schoolboy and I would like to meet up with someone who would like to cane me

    ReplyDelete