Wednesday 7 April 2021

Rest at Easter edition

 After the last few posts this week I thought I'd write something a little different.

It was the case for part of this last week I was ill with a migraine, periodic complication that goes back well into childhood where I can vividly remember  having to stay in my bedroom at the age of seven in our second family home in bed with the proverbial sick bucket by me for a few days.

That was what it was like month after month, missing events, spending time out of class playing catch up later on when you struggled with lessons anyway with undiagnosed at the time dyslexia so a part of this life remains unchanged too.

You learn to hold on to the possibilities of tomorrow, the life after such spells of ill health  looking forward to better days.

In some ways those days this last week were the same for this eternal boy, just about making it to Easter spending time outdoors recovering before watching some sport on tv and the Easter service with the boy choristers from Canterbury and having my easter eggs in smallish chunks to reduce the likelihood of at least getting a headache but able to enjoy such boys treats anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment