Wednesday 11 May 2022

Thoughts on recovery

I wasn't too great on Friday so it is a bit of a catch up session as I type this and the other blogs out this weekend.

At one level that is easier than it use to be for being out of the workforce with it's routine of phoning in sick, arranging a return day and the meeting with a supervisor to start your return gradually only to find that work has built up over that period.

It tended to be 50/50 if your colleagues worked with you to get through it or if they felt having come back you could jolly well sort it yourself. 
These days you'll most probably seen me at home more like this sprawled across a chair or sofa, on tablets and pretty much out of it looking every inch a traditional school boy with his seventiestastic short short trousers minus much of the adult say and responsibilities, being cared for in exchange for doing what he's told.

The come down has been overall better for me because I can manage situations better for being treated as a boy feeling less of a hindrance going through meeting cycles every three weeks apart from having less on my mind so I am less likely to develop sessions where I may be ill for a week or so.

Not being seen as fully adult also means both I don't get "dumped" on emotionally nor expected to do things which are problematic for me but receive more the guidance and support of a boy in the community.  I know they are there for me.

I'm comfortable with this exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment