Wednesday 4 May 2022

Of Tumblr and stuff

 There are a couple of topics I feel like addressing this week.

The first being the olderboygreyshorts3 tumblr was started a fair while back but it has a number of inherent issues that make blogging on it difficult, nearly all going back to this sites actions with the account.

In short order they are:

Inability to post on the main Tumblr with statement invalid tumblrlog showing even though there are three posts on it and I can alter the avatar.

Inability to delete the main and with it the account to restart.

Limited functions on the usable secondary Tumblrs that doesn’t include being able to like from it, like I’d rather of had this as my main which would of made more sense.

Because of  the first, it is difficult to block posts on the secondaries using the normal techniques  so you have to manually copy and paste details to the blocklist. That is tedious.

Because of this and the content is duplicated on pasttimesforever10 with more followers on a separate account I plan to discontinue this Tumblr by next weekend.

Thus this weeks posts will be the winding down ones before it is paused.

The second is post two of what I call reference photographs by which I mean pictures that do encapsulate how mentally I see me which is more problematic on Tumblr (and why we have blogs!).

I saw this which was "conversion" from long trousers on a blog but was not to happy with how they had got the colours so redid it so in a way it's my edit of an edit.

This is the closest yet to how I see the schoolboy side of me with a boy looking more around the eleven mark but as we all know some boys always looked older and others younger for being around the same age.

It's the look I emulate.


The other is the Cub me, around 10 so heading towards being moved up to Scouts but enjoying his remaining time, exercising responsibility in looking after the younger members, helping Akela out feeling confident, loving an adventure.

This how the LB side of is more at.

No comments:

Post a Comment