Wednesday 11 August 2021

It's about time


While away I had been considering what to do about a problematic Tumblr account that is the home of one Tumblr blog which I like to have around for not being in one of those communities while following many of their own values.

Thing is, I want to have a Tumblr blog that does only have stuff on which is age appropriate for me and NO adults following who want to dump me into adult content and even illegal stuff but some of the ideas age regression communities have like thinking any images of children are traumatizing even when they may be like decades old and fit to be seen by children and family with permissions give albeit in the pre-internet age to be in publications and advertisements. 

That's because I want stuff in there that reminds me of my own boyhood in those eras because I love things that remind me of those days.

Because Tumblr had locked down the primary account in a dispute going back to changes in Tumblrs rules, I could not use or make a new Primary blog but things like the messaging, following and that were really messed up.

Unfortunately some people who associate anything around boyhood with sex seemed to flock to and circulate my posts that meant I spending ages removing followers and risking being associated with these people which were affecting my ability to reblog stuff too given the rules the sources use.

I have reached the conclusion that as time consuming it will be, moving by hand nearly all of those posts onto a newer 'clear' account is the only long term way to fix this problem and so I am working on that although it may take up to October to get it done and the old one paused given one problem with the account is actually I cannot delete it!.


No comments:

Post a Comment