Wednesday 1 November 2023

Post 400

Well Chris's Boy Talk has made its 400th post this week so you might say "and how did it come about?"

Boy Talk was revived from pen notes and odd bits of text file when things at Tumblr started getting messy with perfectly legitimate posts and blogs going which often had commentary around topics either put in as they were mini blog type entries or added to reblogs.

The first and essential start part was the author - me - fundermentally remains a little boy at heart whatever the chronological age and this isn't just a matter of having a child like sense of wonder and innocence.

l don't see me except in the most narrowest of senses as an adult so much as a eternal child and this goes into things such as how I present being nearly always in short trousers and knee length socks and continuing in the same hobbies and interests as that boy.

Things are not collected in the adult way, preserved and with centred around maintaining value but used, played with for pleasure.

Losing that adult sense gained for me the peace of just being able to be myself on my own terms.

Thus I wrote and still write about those things that matter to this little boy including play, dress up and also getting by in world that presumes you become an fully formed adult when you haven't (and for me cannot).

It was always about those feelings that we'd talk about on the walk to school, cubs, during recess or when we stayed with each other rather than just a listing of things I'd had or bought


Halloween and Guy Fawkes Night for me have the fascination and excitement from the earliest of years making things, being with friends, having fun.

It's a kind of conversation as much as a record of what's go on across the week which makes it different than any of the other blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment