Wednesday 22 November 2023

Taking stock

As I write this It had been a bit showery here so after carrying a few changes last week with my stereo which I'll probably write something not too highly technical on Friday about it but a part of that has been assessing the difference it has made.

Given how I am, any kind of taking apart, moving around and reassembling the system does take a lot out of me apart from the difficulties in disconnecting things because of the damage to my hands so it's not something I do a lot of.

Thus I've been playing a cross section of records and at the same time reviewing just where I want to see the collection into the new year and beyond -any I feel little need for and just how far I wish to go with collections of artists and composers - so it is a collection and not just a pile of records just stored for posterity.

For me it must be small enough that I enjoy playing them on a regular basis being actively cherished rather than one of a thousand or so dipped into once in a blue moon or held so you can say "I've got one of them"

That's the thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment