Wednesday 6 September 2023

Resumption and restoration

By now schools here *should* of resumed and thoughts around that apply in this life too also surface and those things we may of learned along this journey.

For many of us things resumed after finding or wearing out our last official uniform via the school uniform department with a quick furtive look and a dash to the tills with some story or other in the back of our minds should the sales person ask about them.

We'd hope there was enough stretch in the waist as waists tended to be smaller and it was rare for stores to stock proper school short trousers over 32" waist.

The modern world is a bit different big waist and fits are easier to find but often they are much longer than we had.

One pair of mine has started to show clear wear and the one thing along this trip we've learnt for me the length needs to be brief to have the transformative impact of taking out any adult sense pulling me well back into boyhood.

Thus I have a new pair ALTERED as the ad suggests as required for a adult boy put in three inch inside leg shorts of suitable brevity for regular schoolboy wear outside of those places that may need something a bit longer for acceptance such as church or family gatherings.

That state where with a bit of care I can be adult but child me free from pressures I can't be dealing with has been the gain I badly needed and for me radically taking them up to the length I had in juniors has helped so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment