Wednesday 5 April 2023

Going back

Domestic life is radically different for me compared with practically anyone within my broad age and highly likely to most over 19 simply because at one level I remain the 'child' spoken to more as one rather than that of any adult and in the physical domain I am always dressed as that child.

Visitors soon pick up on the difference and in turn follow suit so there isn't a adult to adult relationship as everyone talks to a boy who isn't expected to be in grown up conversation.

This can be a help when it comes to hobbies as they are more like boy to father ones especially when they themselves are a follow on from official boyhood.

For as long as I've known him trains full sized and model have been a huge passion of his, I recall the diesel's going just behind  our house when I was very young and the first model railway set he bought me.

We often talk about the models he's bought and often renewed given some of these are collectable and others current kits plus various things connected to the layout such as controllers and furniture as he revamps it given much work was put on hold earlier in the year.

That resulted in untouched kits and that he's working through and needless to say chatting about rather like his ham radio stuff and the club he visits connected with it.

As we approach Easter things are increasingly going back in the present working through everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment