Wednesday 15 March 2023

The final departure and acceptance

This morning will be a earlier start than usual from the angle that unlike most wednesday's there is a set timetable I have to meet because today is the funeral of Mum and I have to be up and ready for 8:40 am as that's when we we need to be in the car which after a short spell for locals to wave Mum off we make our way to the Crematorium for a short service a few miles away.

Apart from hymns, her cousin, a Minister, will read a short account of her life drawn not just from his recollections but from ours showcasing just what we are and will continue to miss featuring her interests such as Motorsport, Vintage Aircraft, her role in the local community both personally to people and roles within school, church and local politics.

Dad has agreed to me attending in best little boy mode, what Mum came to love in later life so tie, dress shirt, unbranded school jersey, longer grey shorts and argyle plaid socks are ready to put on and dufflecoat.

Shoes have been polished and cleaned up so I will be very smartly dressed as I am, Mum loved and Dad is happy with.

Such occasions are inevitably emotional as we give thanks for that life, recalling those moments that remind us so much but to just go and be out as me supported by my family is very moving.

I was accepted without exception from family members, the wider community and the undertakers who were very taken by me just being that authentic little with nothing to apologize for.

Normal service or what passes for it resumes next week.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment