Wednesday 27 April 2022

School dress from past decades

Children's clothes especially school wear from the past have  always fascinated me.



This is very much 1971, familiar to anyone who read the school based stories popular from that era whose illustrations would be like this such as pre 1970's Enid Blyton. and around six terms after joining the Infants myself

The simplicity of it is what strikes me with a jumper or cardigan over a top with tie even if it might of been elasticated for us with short short trousers for us and either a grey skirt or pinafore dress for girls.

I find it interesting two are wearing red  rather than grey.

What I normally wear is very much the modern version and targeted more toward Infant and Juniors reflecting the changed attitude that saw as we entered the seventies high school boys going straight to long trousers which I did and still loath with a passion

No comments:

Post a Comment