Wednesday 15 July 2020

Fur lined reflections

The last week while not exactly brilliant with the weather did bring about one major mood lifter.
Last Wednesday was the day this legally adult but eternal boy of ten went to the Barber's to have my first short back and sides in four and a bit months at which instance you could say my hair looks like a nuclear explosion with bits spouting out in all directions cos I just missed one trim by a few days and then everything got shut down.

I mean traditionally at any rate we do go on and on about our hair but when I struggle to get it beneath my cap without it wanting to fall of me head like, there's a bit of a problem, what? Better call a man out to fix it, lol!

I felt just like a little boy all over again in the barbers seat.

I got a bit wet yesterday going out for a walk for exercise and fresh air even though I had my red waterproof jacket over my sweater and shorter charcoal grey shorts which are almost the same but a smidgen longer than the shorts I wore in my last year at Junior School.


Looking in the mirror gives me that deja vu feeling and you know I just love being me cos I've always been who I was no matter how much people have tried to alter the wrapping to suit them, ultimately I'm my own sweet that's in it.

A boy like me needs to be put in four inch inside leg shorts just as he was back then.

* partly inspired by post 1,600 of TSB2

No comments:

Post a Comment