Wednesday 22 April 2020

Unexpected gifts

Saturday, it had to be said felt different, different certainly from any time since being on tumblr and in its own way from any of the short lived time on asb even

You see on Friday I was quite poorly with dizziness and bad head that had rumbled on into much of Saturday to the point I struggled to get down the stairs and needed to go to bed.

By Saturday afternoon I felt okay enough to briefly fire up the Chromebook when I spotted a note inquiring if I was all right as they had not seen any posts by me in that time.
This was a person who I had explained a little about being me and my own disabilities that mean I have supervision and support needs.

Now I was not expecting it although I had known them since autumn of last year and struck up entirely platonic friendship so I quickly typed back to explain what had happened and that I'd be all right. 

I was floored by this.

Reason is I only know them because they follow posts about uniforms and boys attire being a boy in law and they also know I'm alb involuntary regressive and we both wear uniform.

Although I am always mindful of how legal age sets natural boundaries and limits following them, there were certain parallels here such as being treated more as the younger boy even if you're older that was the case in my last years in school and yes being cared for by them.

Equally they also could spot as he spotted something was wrong before I'd realized it and initiate an action even if I'd freeze and fail to do so.

The resumption through acceptance of being permanently alb with all of its differences, of wearing school uniform outside and inside has taken me down a couple of pegs from being stand-offish trying to deal with vulnerabilities by putting up barriers having trust issues trying to act grown up when I'm not to one where taken back to shorts, I am more humble, allowing people in, accepting others care not feeling  I might be used or ridiculed for just being me. Learning to trust again.

Two 'boys', both in uniform, one 'boy' recovering within his limits and cared for. It couldn't be better.


No comments:

Post a Comment