Wednesday 25 November 2020

Thoughts from between the sheets


It hasn't been the best start to the week to be honest with experiencing a severe migraine that has lasted several days so I've been in bed, curtains drawn and off food which is par for the course.

It's not something I am unfamiliar with having had these from early boyhood missing parties and schooldays and I can remember well staring at the curtains sometimes if I felt a little better reading a little from a Shoot annual or the Blue Peter books I had trying to keep my spirits up.

Days feel long when you're in bed all day.




This weeks coming Beano had arrived in the post as I have a subscription so I was able to look at that a little having a chuckle at Billy Whizz's and Dennis's adventures and the classic schoolboy and girl jokes printed at the bottom of some of the pages.

It isn't how it used to be this is true but when look at the longer picture, whenever new illustrators have come in how each character is drawn such as Dennis changes and with him a part of that is due to tying in with the made for tv cartoon version which given it was aimed to be shown on the BBC, they also placed some content restrictions.

The old school me may regret some of those changes but by doing so, they've kept it and good chunk of the old cartoon strips in children's minds today, relevant to them ensuring the comic is in business and not as with so many of my youth, no longer produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment