Wednesday 30 October 2019

Online rant time

Actually I'm pretty pissed today over something that honestly makes little sense and something that seems to plague online ASB communities.
I publish a few tumblrs, chances are if your ALB or ASB you've encountered mine and we have two sets of problems on Tumblr.
The first is Tumblr tends to inexplicably terminate accounts of those of us are ALB or ASB even though we've not formally broken any of their terms of service, it seems that they see blogs that have a highish if not total preoccupation with perfectly safe for work images of boys with no sexual comments as being in some way connected with Child Exploitation rather than say nostalgic reflections on youth.
This pushes some to become "Gatekeepers" trying to remove anything they think may threaten their own blogs with instances of them reporting others.
The other is people who decide arbitrarily to block you from following them with no attempt to contact you if any aspect of your activity may cause concern.
At the weekend a number of Tumblr blogs of our sort were terminated one of which I did reblog on a regular basis from connected around outdoor pursuits and scouting  even since i established a tumblr specifically around that naturally was very much safe for work respectful of minors and to whom they'd not had an issue with me.
I found on Sunday they'd made a new new account so I messaged them from the same account 'd used before, they confirm it is them and the lo and behold, they had blocked me meaning I cannot reblog from them.
Nothing on my account or that Tumblr had changed in the space of a couple of days and yet they had deliberately stopped me from seeing their profile and reblogging.
You sometimes feel like tossing the towel in with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment