Wednesday 24 April 2019

Hard wiring

Seeing there's a bit of time this weekend I might as well use it in connexion with this blog.

This picture taken at the Armed Forces day at the Coldstream Guards says something that while some in society may feel uncomfortable with nontheless has to be which is boys gravitate to what they see as stereotypical interests no matter how much challenging of them they may attempt.

I played with soldiers inventing conflicts using all the weaponry we had even though my Mom thought I was more delicate with quite some aggression.

While I'm for respecting individuals, face it, most boys are hard-wired to playing soldiers, do gravitate to men who are soldiers wanting to be them learning from them how to be the men we will be become.

Thus it's hardly surprising this boy is wearing a camouflage hat and enjoying handling a weapon.
We should be just left to pursue our own genders interests.   

No comments:

Post a Comment