Wednesday 27 February 2019

Of updates and stuff

Phew! It's been a warm week here I've been able to leave the coat off for a number of days as I played out for an hour or so each day.
I've been a bit busy working on my Schoolboy Forever Wordpress which is really a kind of fail safe for as and when Tumblr axes my The Traditional Schoolboy 2 tumblr as they axed its original version in November of last year without warning so I imported that into a longstanding Wordpress account.
One aspect is obviously copying over the posts usually images from it on a regular basis to keep this fail safe fairly up to date another has been for being a long form blogging platform, it has enabled my to write a bit about topics related to those images that expand on what is portrayed.
Somehow in the rush to reblog - and tumblr favours reblog over repost with credits - because it is socially felt to be wrong to add commentary to someone post this doesn't happen even though in  at least 90% of cases the original poster didn't hold image rights so it's not that you're passing them off as your own work.
In  a related vein, I've done some similar work with the Scouting related That Traditional Schoolboy 2 reblogging to the Scouting and Me blog on blogger except usually on that I tend to post on the blogger account and then post over to Tumblr.
Really that's an exploration of Scouting and its ethos as it applies in my life rather than just parade after parade of scouting related images as I prefer something that is more personality centred with a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment