Wednesday 4 July 2018

Thoughts from reading and footy


This week I'm talking about a number of this connected broadly around what I've been doing and how that influences what I'm feeling
 I do that reading thing though like most boys I'm a reluctant reader although one that made an impression on me was "The Silver Sword" as well as Rudyard Kipling's "Kim".
That that not so surprising as most of male teachers were more for boys own stories of daring-do with lashings of courage, adventure and determination so given they got us at least reading probably meant they were on the right lines, knowing what appealed to us rather than what some thing we ought to like.
I've just one more chapter to read in Jennings Finds a Clue and that'll be it, having re-read this classic tale of boys making 1+2 into 5 reading things into deductions there's no rational basis for and getting into trouble aided by being economical with the truth which I dare say we're all prone to.
Certainly we had much fun at my school from this and we all laughed at the boy who got caught out with his thoughts getting somewhat carried away with him as much as they did of yours which I think was healthier letting out such errors openly and learning from them together as a group.
I think it's kinda important to take ownership of what you do.
Getting back to this world cup,what a shocker,eh? Fancy Russia beating Spain and Denmark beating Croatia yesterday never mind the response of the Russian Fans which we didn't really expect.
England actually managing to win a penalty shoot out to enter the quarter finals too!!!
This World Cup sure is shaping up into a most unpredictable one as we get into the Quarter finals as we have the following:
Uruguay vs France, Russia vs Croatia with Sweden vs England and Brazil vs Belguim to be played in a few days time although obviously I'll be routing for England here so fingers crossed.
I've had my coloring book out, the one I wrote about coloring in Martians and Dragons this weekend between things and I plan to do some more today as it so hot here, hot enough to play with water pistols getting soaked which is my idea of fun as anything that involves balls and mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment