Wednesday 25 July 2018

Being away thoughts

 

This was very much the way I always saw me except at my school we didn't have blazers such as his very much the schoolboy in his grey short trousered uniform enjoying the carefree space before more grown up concerns and calls on your time start to kick in.

There's going to be much more of this going on as I will be taken out of my comfort zone to do more challenging things like climbing and exploring on terrain rougher than pavements to toughen me up.

If that wasn't enough I have to wear shorts all the time.


The time when I'd read annuals of comics cover to cover when I was ill and have a stash of the last months comics by my bedside too as they helped me cope with being a poorly disabled but courageous boy.

There will be copies of the Beano to read and no grown up tv.

I never saw the point of adulthood when I didn't feel and couldn't use it and so as I got beyond my mid teens I started to go back to being that short trousered boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment