Wednesday 11 January 2023

Reply first...

I've been a bit busy over the course of the week  with various things not least as I slowly recover from this bug I've had but  I had been thinking about how I relate to people.
 I saw this and it seemed to make sense because for a very long time  I've been in effect encourage to listen to reply to a conversation as if I had to have the final say to whatever was said to me no matter who even said it.

I'm not alone in that, I suspect we've all been encouraged to get our Two Pennies Worth in before anyone else did  and yet listening is the essential step you need to take before we can honestly offer good advice or maken an appropriate offer of assistance.

At no point would occur to me that I needed more to understand  what it was I was being asked or told to do as the end in itself.

It's not that I don't think this is just me, I feel it may be a good number of us seem to get this message in rush to answer and be heard but let's be honest, that's not the most important thing by a long shot.

While I don't talk much about New Years Resolutions and all that, perhaps it's time many of looked at this whole topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment