Wednesday 5 May 2021

On restoration

This week has seen the turning of 1,800 and 1,300 posts respectively on the restored TSB and TSB 2 tumblrs after last years shenanigans that wiped out the originals from April and July of 2018 when I first arrived there.

This week is one that for us has a holiday and so no doubt I will be outside making the most of the weather in the way that we always used to cos it was (and is) a day off from school when you go out with your mates to play only returning if you needed to go home for dinner wither or not you you all played footie or we were playing adventure games often with a war theme.

Without sounding disrespectful, I'd sooner do that than much on Tumblr cos so many blogs just come and go that I rather have adventures not least as I'm not always well and again when you think of it, as boys we just did things rather than being wrapped up in documenting them.

In that time from the very first Tumblr somethings have changed although much of the posts and that around them have gone of which the biggest one is being stable and confident with being that little boy in grey short trousers, knowing who he is even the things around me have changed over the years.

She understood it well as that boy it the time I encountered The Little House on the Prairie we did too and in accepting I am still that little boy keeping with the unchanging truths of life, free from the unneeded sophistication and  attempts to twist things for adult ends to remain so is a blessing for me.

From enjoying the simple pleasures of play to that of the splendour of nature such things are of real emotional benefit to me.

Every time I see a train especially a steam train, the boy always comes out in me, cos in truth he's there, he's happy amongst the sounds, smell, sight of trains and the old ways like in this picture of the Talyllyn Railway which I went on in the 1970's.

*Post inspired from Tumblr circa dec 2018-April 2019.


No comments:

Post a Comment