Wednesday 9 December 2020

Play and middle me



I wasn't really what you might call a softie kind of a kid for being a disabled boy I was as I liked to run, play with things and wasn't too fussed if I got all muddy cos it would all come off with a cloth if not a hot bath and we had plenty o' them.

Mum may not of been too happy with an extra demand on the hot water and having to wash my shirt and socks but at least I was out with friends having fun.

Some of our games my raise the odd eyebrow today especially war games that involved tying the "enemy" up and making them reveal their 'secrets' but we knew our limits not going beyond that persons comfort zone.

At other times we'd play sports for fun or games such as chess, darts or mouse trap together.

The biggest thing was the play, the unfolding adventure and it's that I like to relive today as the Middle with a little side adult boy I am when I'm able to be away with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment