Wednesday 5 January 2022

Carefree pasts


Sometimes I just feel like sitting down and writing things like short stories and reading although I struggle with both having done so since childhood but that whole carefree feel doing something is what I think I need.

There are reasons today for it not least the continual speculation and general noise about Covid as facts and figures are published by the minute, the varying spins on interpolation of data and what that means and the claims of different sections of society for measures or there removal.

Dealing with this thing has always been a balancing act rather like when I was younger the business around keeping us safe from terrorism did between our freedoms on the one hand and those who'd use them to maim or kill us as we went about our everyday lives.

It was quite scary then, I won't deny that period has left it's mark on me in many ways but we did and people respected the need to let us have the space to process what was going on as we understood it while still having a childhood without it invading your mental spaces.

I think this modern world with its twenty four hour news coverage available right down your  smartphone is making things harder to cope emotionally than it was when we had to wait for news bulletins on tv and radio for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment