Wednesday 3 February 2016

The longest running program I watch


 Bits of the world have changed for instance this isn't being typed onto a stencil and put in a duplicator to send to you but goes out via the Internet, some school rituals and rules have changed a lot since I formally left school and the political map of the world keeps on altering.

For me though somethings do remain the same as they did from my earliest days and that does including watching the children's magazine show Blue Peter on CBBC which is the swanky new BBC channel for children's programming.

I've always watched it from as soon as I was able to take in television.

It's hardly suprising I still have a high number of the annuals issued and often found in your Christmas Present stocking up to the early 1990's.

They stopped doing the annuals in 2011 saying the sales had dropped off and so it would not be economic.

The one pictured is Blue Peter Book Four which was published in 1967 and for 1968 which socially and politically a momentious year

Apart from the stories and cartoons which included Paddington Bear, they did have written accounts with pictures of the highlights of the show which make them useful when it comes to bringing the past back to life.

I'm glad to have my originals even if like this one it had some spine repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment