Wednesday 16 November 2022

Self control and getting better

Sometimes it can seem as if the easiest of things proves to be the hardest to actually achieve and this last week or so recovering is rather like that because it involves judgments about how long to rest things and when to start some graded exercise to build strength back up again as this was a bit more serious than I had anticipated.

I also had to recall I had faced similar challenges earlier in my life and managed it so was the problem more an over emphasis on permanency of injuries and fear of moving on from this incident?
The best inspiration for me is at my own level.

If boys can get up, work on improving matters and still be physically and socially active then really there is no reason I ought not to try and that is where we are at having taking time to walk about a mile and half pausing as necessary on Monday which is an improvement.


This, I feel contains quite a lot the truth for me personally and maybe a good number of you too. 

For all my real life problems and disabilities, I do have enough control over my thoughts and actions to exercise appropriate choices but I don’t and that put simply is why discipline makes sense. 

It’s to move me toward doing what I’m capable of and ultimately have self discipline kicking in straight off.

No comments:

Post a Comment