Wednesday, 23 September 2026

Not what you asked for...

When you get around to reading this, then the likelihood is I'm getting ready to go out to meet some family members for lunch and conversation which for various reasons has been put off for nearly a year and a half.

Arrangements have been made for any parcels that are likly to come and I've been out as normally today is the day I tend to be out.

Sometimes that goes through messy spells such as one item I did want after being checked after being paid for I'm informed it skips on two tracks and has a scratch on another so I request a cancellation with full refund only to be met with a "Can I offer you a discount?" but when this is an expensive record do I really want a only playable on one side copy?

Not really. Why would I???

Then there's the tale of the broken record whose replacement arrives from a totally different seller in a different part of the UK and is a different edition to the one I paid for and it has a thumb size tear on the front where the One had I had paid for did not.

There are clear rules about this "drop shipping" on platforms such as Ebay as it muddies the waters when it comes to accountability and in any event what you paid for such be what you get unless you are informed later and they ask you if that's acceptable.

It's one of the things in this era of reduced physical stores that irritates me as we depend on the honesty and intergrity of vendors and this is continuing.


ll

No comments:

Post a Comment