Wednesday 14 June 2023

Tv from the past - Robot Wars

It's been a warm and challenging week with the weather so I thought I'd talk about something else.


Some periods of time with me are in a bit of a fog other periods a lot more vivid but in the great going through of everything a few things came back and that is where we are this week.

Robot Wars was a series that run initially from 1998 to the 2000's starting on BBC Two that had a simple premise.

It was originally presented by Jeremy Clarkson but for series two onwards was Craig Charles.

Make a robot, form a team and compete in a do or die battle against other robots and teams on a stage circuit with a pit and other things to slow you down or for that matter bring you down.


Yes, there are flames to consume robots!

The robot featured is Stinger

The facts and figures Top Trumps style are shown here
Suprisingly hidden away was my Model of that Robot from the era that had escaped my recollection of life in the late 90's , a momento of the show I watched with Dad who loved it and oddly enough Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment