Wednesday 16 March 2022

Too good to be true

After last weeks muted comment on the Current Affairs story of the year so far and as we are marking the Seven Hundredth anniversary post on the Scouting and related blog elsewhere I was looking forward to a fairly low key entry on here except for a brief and clear as mud note to say some content was found on my account they thought *may* breach their standards and *may* be illegal and was removed.

It didn't say what or from where or even say categorically it is so I suspect this is an auto content checker as it happened with moving one old but discontinued blog from one account to another using the export/import routine from three minutes of downloading the .xml file and importing it.

The knowing would state at that point "well they hosted it before without issue" and that is quite true, just over five years in point of fact, but with Tech business like Google that's irrelevant because the clock ticks from the start they set.

I have removed anything that might fall foul from that and although I'm 99% sure nothing here was involved I have taken  similar steps here which does leave the odd gap to paper over when I have a spare moment.

I've also done back ups ready in case any further issues.

Still best regard this as excuse for a bit of a make over and a learning curve to go with.

We'll see if the expected snow comes in a few day's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment