Wednesday 17 February 2021

On hols

While talk is very much of summer hols and indeed this very week I was supposed to had been away myself I'm looking a bit at boyhood holidays.

To me wherever we went often Mid or North Wales being very convenient from the West Midlands it was rather less about the weather although often it was more than good enough accepting here in the UK guaranteed sunshine isn't realistic but more about just leaving the everyday things behind.

We literally created whole new worlds out of sandcastles with moats having adventures with other boys making and then creating stories we acted out through play as we jettisoned past worries and problems.

We tried different things like crazy golf, chasing each other in dodgem cars in the amusement arcades, experimented with new interests such as fishing (although I was hopeless as casting a line!) finding pleasure in that week or so that would last ages afterwards.

There was a innocence play we loved and to be honest when all this stuff is over with that's what I want to be reconnecting with with no adult justifications to being away.

Just a week of boyish play.  

No comments:

Post a Comment