Wednesday 19 September 2018

Being the adult child

What if we were at a place where we could pick up chalk  and draw on the pavement or playground would we actually do it?
Although at times there is serious discourse on this blog not least around gender and me, the bigger part of what being an adult little boy is really about is not that or spanking but the getting in the time and space of the little boy who is still very much alive and within us who then just comes out as though the intervening years never really existed.
Personally I think I actually would having sometimes done freestyle drawing from my inner boy side so long as the environment around me felt safe, free from ridicule for doing so.
Because when we are in that space, we are back in that time with that little boy out some pretty important things come into play of which the first is we are not using our adult side so our abilities at this point to keep ourselves away from any inappropriate adult attention are diminished.
We have at that point the vulnerabilities of actual children, doubly so for someone like me who even in adult mode has the developmental disabilities that limit certain of my abilities to judge situations to that more akin to actual children.
In such a situation it would be clearly inappropriate for any adult to treat us as anything other than a child and therefore any 'adult acts' should not happen and any bother adults around us need to step in to ensure we are not taken advantage of.  

AT THAT POINT I COULD WRITE "I AM A CHILD" ON SUCH A DRAWING AND FOR THAT MOMENT I WOULD BE IN MY MIND.

No comments:

Post a Comment