Wednesday 8 February 2017

What I emulate

This picture taken at Ravenscourt Park tube station round the 1970's or early 1980's gives a good representation of how as a boy back then I dressed although there was a schism between state high schools which were increasingly long trousered for all between 11 and a half and independant prep schools which were very much shorts until leaving at 14.

The last school I had short trousers as uniform was my junior school in Junior 4 before transferring although I did manage to sneak some in when say on residential trips and to a large extent it is that era I look back to today as an age regressed adult little boy.

Compared with today, the shorts are shorter and that is what we were all used to back then and that style is now what I am emulating today wearing shorts of a similar leg length allowing for height.

In the discussions around inside leg that point gets lost is that you were shorter then.

For instance a ten year old boy today is around 4 foot 6 (1.38 metres) and today I am around 5 foot 7 so if you take the height proportions down an inside leg of one and half inches then looks the same as three does now.

I am now in three inch inside leg charcoal grey shorts and believe you me that feels quite different  to six or especially nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment