Wednesday 3 April 2024

Rambling Easter thoughts

 

Well this being done on the chromebook because for some strange reason from time to time the bigger laptop likes to just switch off without warning and the battery holds 94% charge which may not be brilliant but is adequate as it's mainly used off the mains.

I've been reading at a slow comfortable pace the recent Codename Warlord compilation with all the stories written for the weekly Commando magazines this century with the first few done for the Watlord Comic itself way back in September 1974 where it really shook up the world of boys adventure comics with its graphics.

Yesterday I was playing a record not uncommon here a new and surprisingly inexpensive copy of Bookends by Simon and Garfunkel which although that album came out in 1968 when I was still just in single digits, was full of songs were grew up listening to as much as did to Top 40 pop hits on Radio One on 247 and buying them.

There's plenty of the original singles here well stored and the thing in many ways is they all connect to that overall sense of that boyhood I am very much in the mindset of today.

That boy had Easter Eggs although I discovered diary milk  chocolate often lead to maigraines and if you ate say a whole small bar then I was out of commission in bed with a bucket by me in case of being sick so I usually try to ensure I get white.

While that's very sweet and you have to mind your blood sugars I can better tolerate white chocolate and that's what I've been eating this easter weekend and the years rolled back.

No comments:

Post a Comment